Thursday, March 3, 2011

Part 3

So at this point in our friendship I knew something was different about him* . So I was working at a pharmacy in Kingman ( I worked there for 2 years). Brandon and I would text every now and then...nothing too much. but I sent him a text that said(well something along these lines) "going into work, hope your day is great. would love to chat later tonight if you want... I get off at 9." 
I ended up getting out a few minutes early(thank the lord) and Brandon called at 9 right on the dot. 
to say I had butterflies would be an understatement. 
we chatted, and it was great. 
From that point on we still wrote letters, and talked once a week... on Sunday nights. it was like our little"lets recap our weeks, and hear how its going" chats. 
I had a FAT crush on him. and to be completely honest I didn't think he liked me at all.
I got a letter from him one week and the last line of it said" I've been thinking about visiting Arizona seeing the grand canyon, hit up Sedona & I have friday off ...wanna hang out?"
at this point I am jumping up and down squealing, and re-reading it over and over while calling my friends.
So he comes out for the weekend and I meet him in Flagstaff.
Rebekah (who is a bridesmaid in the wedding, and who was there when we met at lost canyon) was with me and we were meeting him at a restaurant. I was so nervous I couldn't contain myself. Bekah and I ended up praying that this would be a great weekend, and my nerves would calm. Then he walked around the corner.
gosh he was so cute! I can still see him in my mind..
now this is the first time we are seeing each other, we had just written back and fourth, and casually talked on the phone. 
there was a bit of pressure. 
It was a great weekend, we saw the sunrise and the grand canyon, went to the creek in Sedona, went para-sailing in Lake Havasu, he met my family, and we just got to know one another. 
Still I didn't think he liked me...
he didn't try to hold my hand or hug me
he didn't tell me that he liked me
he didn't tell me I was cute/pretty/beautiful
he wasn't doing what other guys do when they like girls.
and for that I am thankful. 


This is us watching the sunrise at the Grand Canyon


*rewind a bit & Brandon and I were still writing each other letters and 1 week he was a "the lake house" (which I would later that following year attend the lake house...you may not think its a big deal. but it is! ) during that week he was there one of my best friends growing up was killed, (want to know more? read here) I didn't know if I should call Brandon, text him, or what... The only thing I did know was that I wanted to talk to him(turns out there isn't service so it wouldn't have mattered anyway.) but he got home the day after Ariel died and sent me a text that said "trusting that your week was good, or I would have heard other wise" and he had NO idea what had happened. I knew then that there was something different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment