Wednesday, July 27, 2011

wedding part 2

Once we left (we left from every one was told to evacuate) we went down to White Rock, where Brandon's Nanas lives. and this was plan B for the wedding. and to be honest I was afraid that they were going to evacuate us again, and we would have to go onto plan C. Thank you Jesus we did not have to go to Albuquerque.
so we get down there and are hanging out and then we see the announcement on the news saying that it was evacuations time and do not go to white rock (which is exactly where we went - ha)
but we were fine and okay. It was time to move on and start planning like we were having the wedding in White Rock. So we did. planning away- and I had good moments and not so good moments. It was time to just plan and trust Jesus.
My mom and I planned away went to Sams and bought everything we needed and I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of 3 of my bridesmaids. I could not wait for them to come. seriously I was SO excited to get to see them and just be with them. So they came a few days early to help me which was so great that they did. The best part of the week before the wedding was getting to spend time with my girls and my mom. It was great to have my people with me- surrounding me and just loving on me. I had SO much fun with them going out to dinner and seeing a movie, shopping, and just being together. I am so blessed to have so many great women in my life. SO blessed.
but the wedding was on, and we were planning away. 2 days before the wedding my girls planned a day/night away for me and the bridesmaids + a a bunch a friends at a resort close by. i cannot even begin to explain to you how excited I was to just sit, and relax in the sun. And thats exactly what I did and it was glorious. My wonderful Aunt (hey Andie! if you reading this love you!) my mom and I sat by the pool until other girls came and drank fancy drinks with little umbrellas in them. it was glorious.
so then it was the bachelorette party which was so much fun! I was able to go out with the girls, have a few drinks and dance (in a non sketch place.) we had SO much fun!
the next day was the day before the wedding & the rehearsal I can say easily my favorite part of the rehearsal was standing up there with Brandon and looking behind me to see all of the girls that I love so much. I got teary-eyed thinking about how much of a role that each of these girls have played in my life. That was my favorite part. They have helped me become who I am. and it was precious. Then  soon enough it was the day of the wedding and to be honest it didn't even feel like my wedding day at all....

No comments:

Post a Comment