Sunday, February 27, 2011

Part 1:Loving myself

I know its been a while but I think that this may be the first time I have actually had a little while to just sit, and kinda be. so I decided I am LONG over do for a blog post.
So if you already didn't know but I am officially engaged. I don't think that it has really hit me yet.Yes everyone keeps saying "oh congrats!" and I cannot stop smiling... and Brandon and I are planning out little hearts out...but every time I look at my left hand I forget that there is a beautiful ring on my finger.
I just want to say that I am completely overwhelmed with so many different emotions
the first and most exciting is that I get to marry my favorite person in the world. and I still cannot believe that it is all happening. Brandon is by far one of the best things that has happened to me. For those of you that are not engaged...hold out. and hang on...there IS going to be the most amazing man in the world(who is far greater than you could EVER imagine) who is going to be head over heels for you, and someday ask for your hand in marriage.
I would like to say that it is by the grace of God that we are here, preparing our lives together.
It is not by our own doing that we are here, It is the will of God. and I am so thankful for that.
As I look back on my life over the past 2 years I am reminded of different emotions.
About 2 years ago I was working at Lost Canyon(Young Life camp in Williams AZ) and I was talking with a girl who has just gotten engaged. I was asking her how it happened,the date... and then I asked something that would truly begin to shape my journey over the next two years. I asked: "how did it feel to have someone ask you to spend the rest of your life with them? I couldn't even imagine someone asking me that." That was the start of a journey to salvage my self worth. You see I was really good at loving people...not so much myself. It was a journey of prayer, tears, and lots of figuring stuff out. Once I had become okay and trusted Jesus that I really do deserved to be loved that was He wants me to be  pursued... Two days later I met Brandon.
and thats where I journey began.
I am going to continue blogging on how our relationship grew from there. But there is just the beginning=)

No comments:

Post a Comment