Friday, June 10, 2011

LC 2011

Tomorrow I leave for camp yet again, 
this time things are a lot different.
So much has changed in the past year it is un-believable. Last year I was getting ready to leave for camp, with Kingman, and with 14 kids all of which I was so excited to be around.There had been so much anticipations for camp, just because this would be the last camp for me with Kingman Young Life. Over the past few years each one of these girl has grown so dear to my heart, and camp would be the last pull. After camp was over I was leaving, moving, and no longer leading.
This year its almost the opposite. I don't know any of the girls that I am going with, and instead of leaving after camp I am diving head first into head leading with Brandon-my soon to be husband. 
To say that there are a lot of different emotions would be an understatement. 
the first being that in less than 3 weeks I will be married! gosh-that to me is un-believable. and there is still quit a bit to be done(eekk).
I can always tell when camp is coming up because its like I am weighted down by something-like the enemy is trying to suck life out of me...a little dramatic but its feels pretty real to me. paper work, money, drivers, it all seems like the biggest deal in the world, until you arrive at camp. and then the chaos begins.
Another really exciting thing is that Brandon and I will be leading together at Lost Canyon this year, and exactly 2 years ago we met at Lost Canyon. 
Jesus is so good! 
Keep Los Alamos in your prayers, the leaders, campers, and our time there. That Jesus would be seen every where, and that as leaders would would know what to say, and when to say it.
I also found this pretty awesome website.
 If you don't know about young life you should check it out

No comments:

Post a Comment